My name is Yash Patel. I’ll go ahead and assume you aren’t here to read a whole biography about me, so here are some quick facts before you go check out the other stuff on my website/blog:
- I’m currently a software engineer at Oculus VR (Facebook)
- I’m really interested in machine learning, computer vision, AR/VR, and education
- I graduated from Princeton (2018) as a math major and certificates (minors) in CS and SML (statistics/machine learning)
And (now that we have all the “bragging rights” stuff out of the way):
- I’m a novice rock climber (but getting better every week!)
- I really enjoy nature and hiking in the national parks
- I’m an avid reader, and really enjoy self-improvement/productivity, technology, business, philosophy, and science books. My favorite books are Shoe Dog, Man’s Search for Meaning, and Harry Potter.
- Follow me on Goodreads (https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/83094203-yash-patel)!
- My favorite genres of music are hip-hop and indie rock, and my favorite artist is Kendrick Lamar
On this site, you’ll find:
- A portfolio of my technical projects
- My blog
- A compilation of books I’ve read and Evernote summaries for them
- My Impossible List (inspired by Thomas Frank, seen here)
For other needs, here is a compilation of links, most of which I use sparingly outside of GitHub and Goodreads. Note: I’m pretty bad about checking email, so if you want to reach out, the best way is probably just a message on Goodreads.
- GitHub: https://github.com/yashpatel5400
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/83094203-yash-patel
- LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/yash-patel-297b87a1/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org